Team with more than thirty years of experience each ranging across more than 300 projects worldwide.
Meet The Team
Daniel Parker Owner
- Senior Consulting Engineer with 44 years’ experience in the development, design, construction and commissioning of heavy industrial processes.
- Dan holds the following degrees: BS Chemical Engineering; BS Electrical Engineering; MS Statistics
- Providing expertise in new technology scale-up and commercialization, he has developed the processes for over 120 renewable fuel plants world-wide.
- Dan’s industry expertise includes biodiesel, renewable diesel, pyrolysis, gas-to-liquids, cellulosic ethanol, wood products, primary metals, food processing, pulp & paper and chemical processing. He provides consulting expertise on renewable fuels technology to many organizations and governments, including the government of Canada, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the US-EPA and many other private companies.
- Experienced in project development for large-scale industrial facilities from initial technology development through detailed engineering design, construction, commissioning and start-up. Dan has been a leader in the development of over 500 currently operating industrial facilities over the course of his career.
Adrian Galvez Senior Consultant – Engineering & Technology
- 38 years of experience in developing new technologies, scaling up those technologies, and then engineering and managing large-scale biomass processing facilities. In addition to leading multiple successful commercial developments of innovative process technologies, he has also led various efforts with new technology incubation and discovery. Adrian has held leadership positions with Heliae Development, Solazyme, EdeniQ, Altra Biofuels, Delta-T, GPC, and ADM.
- Adrian holds a BA degree in Chemistry from Benedictine College
- Experienced in all phases of new technology innovation, new plant design and engineering, plant retrofit design and engineering, facility acquisition, project management, technology evaluation, process installation, facility staffing, commissioning, start-up, and operation of various facilities worldwide. This experience ranges over 60 facilities across the globe and covers technologies from corn processing (oil separation and processing, sugars, starches, glucoside, fuel and beverage ethanol, vinegar, specialty feeds), fine chemicals, algae growth and product production and extraction (oils, nutraceuticals, cosmetics, human and animal nutritional products, fertilizers, and fuels) to conversion of cellulose and catalytic conversion of oils to chemicals and fuels.
Anthony (Tony) Wells
Senior Consultant – Business & Project Development
- 34 years of experience in the biofuels, food and grain processing industries across all aspects of Technology Commercialization, Business & Strategy Development, Operations, Process & Project Engineering, multi-site Supply Chain Management and Engineering Consulting. Tony has held leadership positions with: Cargill, Inc.; EnviroSolve Bioenergy; Altra Biofuels, Inc.; Roquette America; Simons-Eastern Consulting Engineers
- Tony holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Iowa State University
- Experienced in all aspects of projects from early stage development, design, construction to startup and optimization. Responsible for the creation of the operational arm of Altra Biofuels while simultaneously developing three EPC projects while optimizing a fourth M&A project.
Mark A. Kuzelka
Senior Consultant – Plant & Commercial Operations
- 35 years of operations leadership experience in Biofuels, Leadership Training/Consulting, Consumer Goods Packaging, Beverages and Light Industrial Road Safety Equipment. Mark has held positions in QA, Production and Manufacturing, Logistics, Plant Management and various Corporate level management positions for Benefuel, Altra Biofuels, Aventine REI, Pepsi and Power Packaging
- Within this experience Mark has led all aspects of operations, implemented Lean Manufacturing Techniques, managed commodities and hedging, and established High Performance cultures.
- Mark has been a key member of four green field start-ups in Biofuels, Beverages and Consumer Goods Packaging.
Andreas (Andy) Vietor
Senior Consultant – Project Finance
- Andy has more than twenty-five years’ experience as a strategist, operating executive, financier, and top-ranked industry analyst in the oil and gas sectors. In fact, Andy was recognized twice as an All-Star Analyst in Oilfield Services Industry by the Wall Street Journal.
- Andy has advised a wide range of companies in the energy sector–ranging from early-stage cogeneration, LNG, biochemical and biodiesel companies to middle market oilfield sector leveraged buyouts to large caps. In addition to his strategy skills, Andy is a skilled financier having formulated and implemented various anticipatory financing programs in conjunction with unique capital access strategies and structures. As an example of navigating complexity, he spearheaded winning a USDA loan guarantee for $200M+ and selling a $40M+ tax credit transaction in combination with additional equity and debt financing.
- Andy has held various senior executive positions. He was a Vice-President at Evergreen Energy, a publicly-traded company, where he held several positions in corporate planning, business development, and investor relations. He was also Chief Financial Officer at ZeaChem, a venture-backed company, which developed biomass refineries and technologies.
- Andy was the Senior Oilfield Services Equity Analyst at Stifel, Nicolaus, & Co., with previous roles at leading Wall Street firms such as J. & W. Seligman & Co., Smith Barney Shearson and Oppenheimer & Co.
- Andy is an Honors Graduate with dual degrees in History and Economics from Connecticut College, and he received his MBA from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business
Jeffery W. Johnston
Senior Consultant – Maintenance & Reliability
- Mr. Johnston has served as a Senior Manager/Engineer with more than 34 years experience in manufacturing. Mr. Johnston’s experience includes all aspects of manufacturing Operations and Engineering, and Maintenance and Reliability management. Previous work experience includes: 3 years with Allied Reliability management, 17 years with Corporate Express in Sr. Project Engineering, Operations and IT.
- Jeff is a graduate of Rochester Institute of Technology and holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
Matthew (Matt) Schneider
Senior Consultant – Renewable Technology
- Over 20 years’ experience in renewable fuels and chemicals technology development with specific expertise in biogas collection and purification.
- Led the full commissioning and commercial operations of a landfill gas to LNG plant, including all compressors, PSA’s, TSA’s, gas analysis systems, cryogenic refrigeration, and LNG liquifier and storage.
- Led the full commissioning and commercial operations of a landfill gas to pipeline gas plant, including compressor trains, multiple PSA’s, TSA’s, oxygen catalytic destruct system, nitrogen rejection system, thermal oxidizers, flares, and hill flare system hand-off architecture. Coordinated all technical custody transfer smooth hand-off including raw LFG, pipeline gas, and grid import/export limitations.
- Designed and commissioned multiple commercial-scale TSA’s and PSA’s for applications in He purification, bulk CO2 removal, biogas purification of water, siloxanes, and VOCs.
- Designed glycerin absorber column pilot plant to absorb impurities from biogas.
- Produced feasibility study for installing an anaerobic digester to generate biogas using dairy manure enhanced with local organic waste streams.
- Led effort to characterize an adsorbents’ capability to separate N2 from CH4, including pilot plant design and operation, as well as a custom volumetric sorption analyzer fabrication for rapid full adsorbent characterization.